At Brooks, Todd & McNeil we will advise you to ensure your auto insurance protects you, your vehicle and your loved ones. While there are numerous ads out there promising cheap auto insurance rates, they do not always guarantee the right coverage. We will help you secure the best coverage for your needs without cutting corners when it comes to your protection. Our agents educate you on the type of auto insurance policy that is best for you.
TYPES OF AUTO INSURANCE
There is a certain amount of minimum auto insurance liability coverage required by the State of Connecticut to ensure that you and other drivers are protected. We will discuss the variety of coverage available and build a policy that is right for you.
- Liability Insurance: We can help you determine whether required state liability minimums are adequate for you and your family. In the majority of instances, it is not.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: Despite state requirements, you may encounter other drivers who do not have insurance. Protect yourself from this possibility with uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance.
- Collision Insurance: Protection that covers repairs in the event of a collision.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This is sometimes referred to as “other than collision” insurance, since it pays for repairs or replacement after theft, vandalism or weather related damage such as hail, flood and more.
- Medical Payments: This insurance pays medical bills and other expenses. It can also be used to cover similar expenses if you or a family member is a pedestrian struck by another vehicle.
Factors That May Determine Your Auto Policy Rates
- Driving Experience
- Driving Record
- Claims Record
- Marital Status
- Previous Insurance Coverage
- Vehicle Type
- Use of Vehicle
- Age of Vehicle
- Annual Mileage
- Car Insurance Coverages + Deductibles
- Credit History
Read our blog to learn more about how these factors may determine your auto policy rates.
AUTO INSURANCE DISCOUNTS
When you chose an independent insurance agent, we work for you. That means we will shop your auto insurance and other personal insurance needs to several insurance companies until we find the right package for you. Insurance discounts are something we pay particular attention to on your behalf. Here are some, but not all, of the discounts for which you and your family may be eligible:
- Multi-policy and multi-vehicle discounts
- Good student discounts
- Hybrid vehicle discounts
- Low mileage discounts
- Defensive driving discounts
- Vehicle safety features and anti-theft device discounts
- Loyalty discounts
- AAA discounts
- Recent Graduate Credit
On July 20, 2018, MAPFRE Insurance will introduce DriveAdvisor®, a smartphone app to help drivers stay safe on the road and help save money on their premiums. This voluntary program measures driving habits, including speeding, braking and acceleration. Drivers will not be penalized for poor driving scores. Instead, they will be encouraged to practice good driving habits.
- Five percent enrollment discount.
- Real-time feedback helps correct unsafe driving behaviors.
- Great safety app to help families monitor younger drivers. All rateable drivers with an email address are eligible.
- Rewards safe driving habits with additional discount at renewal – up to 10% based on their score.
For more information click here or contact a Brooks, Todd & McNeil agent.
CONTACT US FOR COMPETITIVE AUTO INSURANCE RATES
It is easy to get auto insurance quotes from several insurance companies when you contact a Brooks, Todd & McNeil agent. We represent many regional and national insurance providers and will find just the right auto insurance and discounts for all your vehicles. For your convenience, we have offices in Torrington, South Windsor and Enfield.